Step up your chocolate chip cookie game with these delicious, flavorful, and chewy brown butter chocolate chip cookies.
Like probably many of you, despite all of the warnings from our government (lol), I downloaded TikTok in the q. I love all of the Vine Energy that I get on my FYP, cute animals, babies, and recipe videos! So, I decided I would jump right in and make my own TikTok.
Yes, these brown butter chocolate chip cookies were for TikTok. #DoItForTheGram but make it 2020, you know? I’m too old for this. (And now, as of Monday September 14, I’ve watched the new social media documentary on Netflix and want to delete all social media, so…)
Anyway… it’s Monday. We’re still in the middle of a pandemic, the west coast is on fire and things still kinda suck. Let’s make the transition into the work and school week a little easier and bake some cookies. Let’s take your moms or grandmas recipe and crank it up just a bit with some brown butter and a generous sprinkling of flaky sea salt.
You can donate to fire and covid-19 relief through the Red Cross here. You can also donate plasma through the Red Cross if you’ve tested positive for covid-19 antibodies.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch fine to omit if you don't have
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips/chunks
- maldon salt to garnish
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add your butter. Whisk frequently until it foams and turns a golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and corn starch.
- Incorporate the sugars into the brown butter using a whisk, stand mixer, or hand mixer. Add in the eggs one at a time and then finish off with the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the chocolate chips/chunks.
- Optional step: cover dough and refrigerate overnight.
- Scoop dough balls from the bowl and place on baking sheet leaving an inch or so between cookies. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and bake for 8-10 minutes depending on desired doneness.
- Let cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Eat!!!!!!