Take your taste buds to flavortown with this deliciously easy brussel sprout salad with hot honey vinaigrette. (Can you tell I love Guy Fieri? AKA the MAYOR of FLAVORTOWN?)
Today is Thursday. Which means it’s 1 day from Friday. and on Friday I’m going (back) to Charlotte, NC for a long weekend. My sister Megan moved there last summer with her boyfriend (hi, Kyle) and my mom joined her earlier this winter! I’m so excited to go back. I’m even more excited because the temps are supposed to be near 60F which is much better than the weather Chicago will be having.
I am also very excited to share this brussel sprout salad.
Anyway! I bought this hot honey over the summer after my friend Frankie recommended it. And, uh, I’ll admit that I haven’t used it more than once. What do you do with hot honey? Put it on a pizza, of course! But we don’t make too many pizzas. Not yet, anyway 😉
Finally, though, I whipped up this delicious brussel sprout salad, paired it with a hot honey vinaigrette. And you guys, it. is. divine! The hot honey vinaigrette is actually pretty hot so I cooled things down with goat cheese. Add some walnuts and pomegranate seeds and BOOM! you’ve got a delicious, and healthy, side dish.
Brussels Sprout Salad with Hot Honey Vinaigrette
- 1 pckg shaved brussel sprouts if shaving yourself, get about 1.5 lbs!
- 4-5 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seseds
Hot Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup hot honey can use regular honey if you don't love the heat!
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine salad ingredients in a large serving bowl. In a jar, shake together vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over and toss. Serve immediately.
- If not serving immediately, withhold vinaigrette until you're ready to serve! Will store well in the fridge for about a day. Be sure to shake before dressing the salad!