I’m going to make a really solid effort to blog again this year. And I’m starting with a “Friday Five” or five things currently on my mind. Or a life update? Whatever.
Okay, I wrote that statement before going back to my posts from last year and realized I hit “publish” nearly 25 times! Which is about 20 times more than I thought. I was really on a roll earlier in the year! Maybe I’ll set a small blogging goal for myself this year. I’ll come back to that later, though. Anyway, moving on to the Friday Five.
It’s Superbowl weekend which means all of the snacks. I think Matt and I are making a sheet pan pizza and my soft pretzels with beer cheese.
Speaking of this weekend, I’m off of work and don’t have anything “big” to do. It’s the first weekend in the new year that I can really just chill. Ready for it!
There are so many good TV shows and movies out right now!
- Titanic: I’m ecstatic for the Titanic re-release – I haven’t ever seen it in theaters (too young in 1997, too busy in college in 2012) and I cannot wait (!!!) to see Jack Dawson in 4K! *swoon* Titanic is in my top 3 movies most days so I’m really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.
- The Last of Us (HBO): Matt and I started watching this show last week and we’re caught up. It’s not something I would watch on my own but I’m glad Matt decided to. Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey are so great!
- Your Place or Mine (Netflix): I love a good romcom and I especially love a good romcom starring millennial romcom queen, Reese Witherspoon.
- Vanderpump Rules (Wednesdays, wherever you get Bravo): NEW(!!) VPR! I’ve been waiting for so long. The first episode definitely exceeded my expectations.
- You (Netflix): I’m not sure I’ll watch this. We’ll see. Maybe if I’m terribly bored.
- And my fav… SUMMER HOUSE! (Mondays on Bravo): I need to know what went down between Lindsay and Danielle. And maybe even Kyle and Carl?! Tensions are brewing.
White denim: I ordered these wide-leg white jeans in the curvy fit and I’m really hoping I like how I look in them. I tried on the standard style and they were much too small in the thigh but gaping at the waist so I’m hopeful! (Unfortunately, they’re on backorder until late March!!!) I also bought this t-shirt in a few colors (I think it’s “buy 3 for $36”, normally priced at $18.50 each)
And now, a wedding planning update:
- So, my last wedding planning update was nearly a year ago. Whoops. I was busy, okay? Since then, we booked our DJ, beauty team for the gals, I bought my dress(!!) and had my first fitting(!!!), we had our 6-month floral call, we’re finalizing rehearsal dinner things, ordering invitation suites, and we have our menu tasting on the 19th! It’ll be the first time we’re seeing the venue since our tour last January.
- For those who are interested, I bought my dress at Reddington Bridal in Park Ridge and it was the only shop I went to. I went there because I heard good things from previous Reddington brides and it was the easiest option for my grandma who is limited in her mobility. Karen (the dress consultant) brought me several dresses that were within my budget and I ended up buying one that was ~$600 under budget! I had a really great experience with them and with their preferred bridal tailor, Gail Doyle. So, if you’re on the north side of the city or northern/northwest suburbs, I highly recommend Reddington + Gail!
- Matt and I are going to try on wedding bands and tuxes (for him) tomorrow!!!!!!
Bonus Thing: I started playing around with the ChatGPT bot (I’m still not entirely sure what it is…) but I think we might use it to plan our honeymoon?! Or at least give us a springboard of ideas to jump off of. I asked the bot to create a 10-day honeymoon itinerary to several areas in Italy that we want to see and then we got into more specifics like restaurants, hotels, train routes, etc. It’s a pretty wild piece(?) of technology.