Greetings from Washington DC! Maybe. It depends on when you’re reading this. But we’re DC bound for the weekend – holla! Matt’s running the Marine Corps Marathon on the 28th so we decided to take a long weekend!
It’s hard to believe October is nearly over and the holiday season is officially starting! I don’t care much for Halloween but THANKSGIVING & CHRISTMAS ???????? Lord have MERCY. Bring on the stuffing, the Christmas lights, and holiday markets! Let’s get into my life for the past month, shall we?
- I joined a new (to me) gym!: I was a Planet Fitness member but I hated it and never went so, naturally, I went and joined a less budget-friendly gym. Makes sense, right? Never go to the gym –> sign up for a more expensive gym. It’s totally logical. But really, Chicago Athletic Club gyms are amazing. They were running a promo so I didn’t have to pay an enrollment fee, my first month was heavily discounted, and every month hereafter will be discounted due to my school enrollment/employer! Hell-to-the-YEAH. There are two pools (one inside and one on the rooftop), a huge free weight section, an entire floor dedicated to cardio, a rock wall, and a sauna! I love saunas.
- Stealth Capris: I am desperate for a pair of running capris ever since BOTH of my favorite pairs got caught on something. These Stealth Capris from Athleta are a bit on the pricier side but Athleta products last forever. And if they don’t? Athleta stands behind their products and will make it right.
- Homemade Soft Pretzels + Beer Cheese: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, I shared a recipe for these bad boys last week. They are so delicious and stupid-easy and taste better than Auntie Anne’s if ya dip ’em in butta (instead of beer cheese, duh).
- Something in the Water: I recently started reading this book after seeing Reese Witherspoon recommend it! I just finished Crazy Rich Asians (yes, I’m behind the times!) and it was so good! I can’t wait for the movie to come to Hulu or HBO!
- Hot Honey: I had a $30 credit to Amazon so along with getting forks and lotion (#necessities), I ordered some of Mike’s Hot Honey at the recommendation of my friend Frankie! I just got it last night so I’ll keep y’all updated on how much I like it!
How was your month? Did you do anything exciting? Try any new recipes? Share with me below! And if you have any DC recommendations, I’d SO APPRECIATE them!