Greetings from Washington DC! Maybe. It depends on when you’re reading this. But we’re DC bound for the weekend – holla! Matt’s running the Marine Corps Marathon on the 28th so we decided to take a long weekend!
It’s hard to believe October is nearly over and the holiday season is officially starting! I don’t care much for Halloween but THANKSGIVING & CHRISTMAS 🙌🏼 Lord have MERCY. Bring on the stuffing, the Christmas lights, and holiday markets! Let’s get into my life for the past month, shall we?
- I joined a new (to me) gym!: I was a Planet Fitness member but I hated it and never went so, naturally, I went and joined a less budget-friendly gym. Makes sense, right? Never go to the gym –> sign up for a more expensive gym. It’s totally logical. But really, Chicago Athletic Club gyms are amazing. They were running a promo so I didn’t have to pay an enrollment fee, my first month was heavily discounted, and every month hereafter will be discounted due to my school enrollment/employer! Hell-to-the-YEAH. There are two pools (one inside and one on the rooftop), a huge free weight section, an entire floor dedicated to cardio, a rock wall, and a sauna! I love saunas.
- Stealth Capris: I am desperate for a pair of running capris ever since BOTH of my favorite pairs got caught on something. These Stealth Capris from Athleta are a bit on the pricier side but Athleta products last forever. And if they don’t? Athleta stands behind their products and will make it right.
- Homemade Soft Pretzels + Beer Cheese: IN CASE YOU MISSED IT, I shared a recipe for these bad boys last week. They are so delicious and stupid-easy and taste better than Auntie Anne’s if ya dip ’em in butta (instead of beer cheese, duh).
- Something in the Water: I recently started reading this book after seeing Reese Witherspoon recommend it! I just finished Crazy Rich Asians (yes, I’m behind the times!) and it was so good! I can’t wait for the movie to come to Hulu or HBO!
- Hot Honey: I had a $30 credit to Amazon so along with getting forks and lotion (#necessities), I ordered some of Mike’s Hot Honey at the recommendation of my friend Frankie! I just got it last night so I’ll keep y’all updated on how much I like it!
How was your month? Did you do anything exciting? Try any new recipes? Share with me below! And if you have any DC recommendations, I’d SO APPRECIATE them!
Leave a Reply