Good afternoon & happy Monday! I’m currently sitting (lying, really) on my bed, getting ready for my afternoon lecture to start. I feel like I’ve had a productive Monday thus far and am hoping to keep the same energy throughout the week.
Matt and I both woke up early this morning. I was up on my own for about 20 minutes so I placed a Jewel pick-up order for later on. On Mondays, I have lecture at 9AM so I needed to get Ellie walked beforehand because Matt had plans and it’s hot as hell today. Matt had goodbye brunch with his night-shift crew because one of them is leaving so he was up for that.
After lecture, I went out for a “speed” run. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not a fast runner! But I want to be faster. So I’ve been doing “speed” runs once or twice a week. My speed runs are: 5 minute warm-up jog, 20 minutes at a faster pace, and then a 5 minute cool-down jog. Today was tough because it was so hot and sunny by 11:30. After my run, I changed into workout tights and went to the gym for an upper body workout. (I’m going to write up what I do for my workouts soon but for now… upper body!)
I recently bought myself a pair of Find Your Pace shorts from lululemon. (see below) And I just have to say… I’m a huge fan! During my initial try on, I wasn’t sure I’d keep them. I felt a little exposed since the slit cuts pretty high! But Matt said they looked good and I just needed to get used to them. So, okay. I’m glad I didn’t return them though! Even though I run at a glacial pace, I feel like I’m running much faster, which is motivating! They’re definitely not shorts I’d feel comfortable wearing in the gym, though.
- Monday: Speed run & strength workout (upper body & core)
- Tuesday: 10K steps
- Wednesday: 10K steps
- Thursday: 10K steps
- Friday: 30 minute run & strength workout (lower body)
- Saturday: 30 minute run & strength workout (upper body & core)
- Sunday: Long run (45+ minutes) & core workout
This weeks meal plan is uninspiring, haha. We’ve been cooking a lot of the same meals lately and I’m over it. Our schedules are going to be switching up in a couple weeks, though, and our meal plan might be getting more exciting soon! 😉
- Monday: Out! We’re celebrating Matt’s birthday a little late. He wanted Bavette’s and this was the first night that worked for both of us and had reservations at a reasonable hour (read: between 5 and 8 pm)
- Tuesday: Greek chicken pitas – you should know by now this is a staple!
- Wednesday: Weeknight chicken enchiladas
- Thursday: Leftovers or sandwiches/salads at home
- Friday: Out, probably
- Saturday: Big salad with chicken and a slice of crusty bread
- Sunday: TBD!